Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Synchronous Counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullet

make changes to the synchronous counter diagram so that the new count sequence is 3,4,6,7

Does anyone know how to draw this circuit?
p.s
it's a 3-bit counter

Thanks

Hello,

Where is the original diagram?

The counter

Sorry here it is
Thanks

Attachments

• Counter.jpg
    Counter.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 364
Bullet,

make changes to the synchronous counter diagram so that the new count sequence is 3,4,6,7

Have you tried to set up a excitation table? Do you know how to do it? It won't do you much good if we just throw a circuit at you if you have no idea how it was designed.

Ratch

I have drawn out the table but when I try to re-jig the circuit according to the k-maps I just keep coming up with the original count of 7,6,3,4

Hi again,

Thanks for the schematic :)

Ok, now what kind of gates are you limited to use, can you use any kind of gate you want? I ask because the first thing i noticed was that the circuit posted is capable of attaining 8 distinctly different states, when only 4 states are needed which could conceivably lower the flip flop count to only 2. You might not be able to get away with that because of the timing requirements, but i though i would ask anyway.

Last edited:
Im able to use any gate but must use as few as possible. With my first attempt i used only one AND gate on the k2 and QNot1 on the 1st and 2nd bistable I came to this through the k-maps that I worked out on 3,4,6,7 count sequence but the count still started at the original 7 value.

Bullet,

Can you post your excitation table which you used to determine the gates and connections for the sequence you desire?

Ratch

Jimmy13,

Has anyone found out the answer to this guys question?

Certainly, but we don't want to just give him an answer. We want to see what he has done to solve it. So far, the OP has not responded.

Ratch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back