Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A 4bit counter that goes and down

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoxasWally

Hello everyone,
I am kinda new to the website, I just came across it after looking for answers for such a long time.
I have an assignment that asks to add an input bit to your circuit from the circuit I created that goes up my sequence of 3 up to 15 called U (for up). If U is a 1, your circuit should count up through the sequence of multiples of 3 as normal. If U is a 0, your circuit should count down through the sequence of multiples of 3 (0, 15, 12, ..., 6, 3, 0, 15, 12...). I was able to draw the truth table and the K maps both for going up and down but I don't know how to implement the input circuit. For this assignment, we use a program called Logisim. Please redirect me if I am at the wrong subforum or if any extra information is needed.

This is for going UP

This is for going down

What should be Your input clock source?

A free running oszillator? Look for NE555 or C-Mos 4060.

Or an other Source with should be decoupled from this cicuit? Look for Optocouplers.

A simple switch - Then You need a debouncing cicuit.

Or a relay contact - That needs debouncing too?

Today I wanna Do Your Cicuit with a little Microcontroller.
But that has to be programmed.

a quick trick would be to invert at the outputs of the filp flops ... or use the !Q pin if its there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back