Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switching power supply repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
meaning i can disconnect the board so i can fix a joint underneath...or is it going to stop working again?

Dunno. What is does mean, is you have to connect the isolated grounds together when troubleshooting the board outside the unit and/or connect minimum load(s) whatever they are. Sometimes switchers blow-up when no load is connected to them.

Be brave...be carefull and don't short anything out.

Double check all connections...no screws or anything lying around that can cause problems. No screwdivers, tools or metal parts anywhere.
No solder splashes stuck on the bottom of the PCB when you were fixing it. Check ..make sure.

If you are happy you have made all the connections needed and you have done the best you can do, switch on.

Awaiting your reply.

tvtech

hi, thinking it again and since it is working, i believe i should leave it as is. Everybody participated
on this thread will get a positive rating for their valuable replies that helped me troobleshoot the PSU.

Hi

The choice is yours. I hope all lasts.

Regards,
tvtech

hope so too...though i've noticed also something else that i hadn't seen all this time...seems that the VFD display
has some segments that are less bright than the rest...these segments are the ones that stay on while the
dvr-r is in standby...(they show the time).

somewhere i found that this problem can only be corrected if the voltage at these segments is raised, is that
correct? or there's another way to fix it?

overall it's not cheap dvd unit...but many things inside, are low cost! for example, out of the box (years ago...)
you could hear the high pitch noise from the switching if you had your ear nearby...recently that i've changed
all the cheap capacitors, you barely can hear that noise.

Here is my Pessimistic take..

Hyundai and Daewoo build great ships. But everything else they do is a waste of time.....Daewoo cars are especially bad...

Anything electronic with a Hyundai sticker on = I want to run away...be it a CRT TV or a DVD or anything else.....they have a knack of complicating things beyond reason. And strange circuitry too.

No more reliable than the rest of the stuff out there....but they make their stuff complicated to work on....extra Transistor here, extra Zener here, extra Resistors here and there..............it's like the the person designing the circuitry is trying to be clever....and turning relatively simple things to fix into a nightmare.

Just thought I would share this.

Regards,
tvtech

Here is my Pessimistic take..

Hyundai and Daewoo build great ships. But everything else they do is a waste of time.....Daewoo cars are especially bad...

Anything electronic with a Hyundai sticker on = I want to run away...be it a CRT TV or a DVD or anything else.....they have a knack of complicating things beyond reason. And strange circuitry too.

No more reliable than the rest of the stuff out there....but they make their stuff complicated to work on....extra Transistor here, extra Zener here, extra Resistors here and there..............it's like the the person designing the circuitry is trying to be clever....and turning relatively simple things to fix into a nightmare.

Just thought I would share this.

Regards,
tvtech

there's no daewoo anymore, it is bought by GM-Chevrolet probably they loved the little box named daewoo matiz so they thought they should buy all the company instead of few cars... (kidding ofc.. :p)

there's no daewoo anymore, it is bought by GM-Chevrolet probably they loved the little box named daewoo matiz so they thought they should buy all the company instead of few cars... (kidding ofc.. :p)

No problem

Stay well. Glad I could help and explain a little.

Regards,
tvtech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back