Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

switching audio power amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

mozikluv

:?: can anyone provide me with any information on switching audio power amp. have anybody tried this set up? can anyone provide for a circuit diagram for this? thanx! :D

The brain is not in gear tonight - the amp is either class G or class D. If it comes to me I'll post again.

class g amp

:D to esteves & mosfet, thank you guys for your reply. the ff. are my questions:
1. have any of you tried this type of audio amp and whats your honest experience.
2. how did it sound, is it better than a class A or AB amp.
3. the LM datasheet sheet showed it to be used for sub-woofer amp, what if i used it as a regular amp.
again thanx guys for your reply! :lol:

#1 Self-powered speakers that come with computers, thought they were terrible.
#2 Prefer class A or class AB. National's own words:
"In-band noise is higher in switching amplifiers than in linear amplifiers because of increased noise from the switching waveform."
#3 The last part of page 14 and the first part of page 15 of LM4651's data refer to optimizing the amp for low frequency.
Page 12 figure 6 shows a rather standard opamp low pass filter that is needed to make this a subwoofer amp.

In my listening room I want the highest possible quality.
While plastering & painting the house I like MP3 jukebox,
as long as there is no obvious distortion.

switching amp

:D thanx mosfet for your advice. i also habve a friend here in our country who also said its not good sounding as what he read. he is not in electronics so i would rather hear from you guys. again thanx. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back