Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switcher CAD III, higher frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachtheterrible

hi everyone, I'm having some trouble with this here circuit and SW CAD III. Why can't i get this circuit to operate @ somewhere between 88-108 MHZ??? Ive sat and fiddles w/ it for an hour and just cant get it 2 work!!! Any suggestions?

Attachments

• oscillator_582.jpg
    oscillator_582.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,065
zachtheterrible said:
hi everyone, I'm having some trouble with this here circuit and SW CAD III. Why can't i get this circuit to operate @ somewhere between 88-108 MHZ??? Ive sat and fiddles w/ it for an hour and just cant get it 2 work!!! Any suggestions?

My advice is to stop playing with simulators and build the circuits, as I see it simulators are mostly a waste of time - all the related threads on these forums are about how to modify a design to make it work under a simulator, if a correct working design won't work 'as is' under a simulator the simulator is a total waste of time and money!.

I have built this circuit. the reason that i am trying to simulate it is cuz i dont have an oscilliscope, and id really like 2 c what is going on in there, and see how different values affect it.

Jsut throw in 100 times bigger values (assuming you are talking about C1 and L1).

Oh yeah, 1 thing that i forgot to mention is that i did get it to work by throwing in bigger values like u said panic, but I wanted it to be high frequency . . . just like my circuit. if it is lower frequency, then the results wouldn't pertain to my circuit, or would they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back