Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switched Reluctance Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinngap

:oops: Is there anyone know how to use the DSP together with the software (C programming) to control the spinning of a switched reluctance motor? Also, is anyone having the idea of how to send the position information of the rotor thru the DSP and let it be displayed on the cpu? Thanks!!!! :D

WooHoo
I'm working on a Switch-reluctance 150kW generator at the moment. I am working on the power side of things (busbar,IGBT,gatedrive).

The current loop,voltage loop and speed loop is contained within a DSP and a FPGA.

I am not a software person but I can give you some pointers.

is anyone having the idea of how to send the position information of the rotor thru the DSP

You will need soem form of position sensor at the back of the rotor. Be it a simple encoder disc or a more elaborate Resolver. If you have an encoder disc you should be able to derive the position from it. If you go for a resolver (more expensive but better) and with a apropiate RDC chip it will give you (in a 12bit digital word) the position as well as present speed.

The best thing I can suggest is read up on machine theory into how SR machine operate. But basically what you need to do is via some form of lookup table

When position is "aaa" that is rotor is alligned over POLE "AAA" so fire IGBT's 1 & 2

When position is "bbb" that is rotor is alligned over POLE "BBB" so fire IGBT's 3 & 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back