Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switched capacitor filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

schmitt trigger

Most Helpful Member
Just a curious question;
Is anyone here actually still using switched capacitor filters?

I remember when I first played around with the MF10, and felt it was the best thing since sliced bread.

National and many other started to offer a large portfolio of devices, but nowadays the offerings have been pared down.

Are they still viable building blocks?

I think. with the increasing power of digital processing to readily perform complex filtering tasks, the switched-capacitor approach has less appeal and practicality.

Just a curious question;
Is anyone here actually still using switched capacitor filters?

I remember when I first played around with the MF10, and felt it was the best thing since sliced bread.

National and many other started to offer a large portfolio of devices, but nowadays the offerings have been pared down.

Are they still viable building blocks?
I have a few tubes of them (National), any takers?

I believe you are correct.
Performing an unscientific investigation, comparing all of the Digikey’s offerings and then applying the “In Stock” filter, the availability is reduced to a third.

Most of the non-available stock is shown as obsolete, while the remaining is “factory stock” only, meaning very slow moving parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back