Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

switch selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

camman

Hi all,

i am hoping someone here can point me in the right direction with regard to finding a switch for a little automotive project i am working on.

Firstly i ask that you excuse my ignorance as far as electronics are concerned.

The problem i have found myself in is that i need a rotary switch with multiple contacts/positions (10 is ideal) that will also be able to indicate in what direction the switch was turned in relation to its last position.

The position contacts will just simply supply a voltage to a relay, the direction indicator needs to be able to supply +V for clockwise movement.

any help is much appreciated.

Hi all,

i am hoping someone here can point me in the right direction with regard to finding a switch for a little automotive project i am working on.

Firstly i ask that you excuse my ignorance as far as electronics are concerned.

The problem i have found myself in is that i need a rotary switch with multiple contacts/positions (10 is ideal) that will also be able to indicate in what direction the switch was turned in relation to its last position.

The position contacts will just simply supply a voltage to a relay, the direction indicator needs to be able to supply +V for clockwise movement.

any help is much appreciated.
hi,
Not knowing your location, for the UK, one of these type would do the job.:)

Rotary Style | CPC

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back