Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Surface Mount Soldering (very good video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAl

Most Helpful Member
Hi,

I couldnt help but post this video i found by accident when looking for something else. It's a good vid on soldering surface mount components (SMD) from the slightly larger to the very small pitch lead packages. It's a bit long (40 minutes) but worth watching. I watched the whole thing and i rarely do that. Be sure to see the last 10 minutes or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave's soldering tutorials aren't bad but I often recommend the ones on the Youtube channels of curiousinventor, solderinggeek and jkgamm041.

Last edited:
I don't know how you could watch 40 minutes of his videos with the sound turned on

Hi,

Ha ha, i told you it was a little long but you have to be patient. The guy added a little humor to the vid i thought was a nice change.
Im not saying that everyone will love this video, but toward the end it illustrates quite well how someone might solder some of those really small packages. I liked the clarity of the video because some of the other ones i saw were where the camera was back too far so you couldnt see as well, and this one had decent close ups.

The only thing im not sure about here is if the board doesnt have a solder mask will it solder as nicely. I've done all my packages a bit differently in the past.

Ever watch any of those BGA vids? Really bad vids cant see what is going on in many cases.

Last edited:
I downloaded it the other evening and saved it. As you say...a bit long. Only because of his irritating voice :rolleyes:

Nevertheless, a good Video to watch. I picked up some tips.

Regards,
tvtech

I posted a similar video to the forum a ways back. Only 9 minutes long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back