Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Supply Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

umrezaee

Hi,

I am working on a bidirectional converter. I am new to PCB design and I need some help about supplying different voltages to different parts (gate drivers, voltage measurement device, etc). I have decided to supply my board with 15V. From that:
1)15V (10 parts ( gate drivers)
2) 3-5.5V (2 parts)
3)4.5-5V (2 parts)
4)6V (2 parts)

What do you suggest for me to do? Should I add 3 different voltage regulators or do you suggest some other clever way to do this?

Best Regards,

Ali

Numbers edited by mod

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest you find actually what you 'need' - the last three are pretty well identical, and 2) and 3) are absolutely identical (5V) - it's quite probable that the 6V could be 5V as well?. It seems to me like you're making it MUCH more complicated than it might need to be?.

Last edited:
This is going to get confusing when the numbering is 1,1,2,3!! Could a mod edit the above posts to correct this?

Mike.

What are you going to do with any of the high side gate drivers that will need an isolated voltage? A fixed supply may not be adequate. you need to generate the voltage either by bootstrapping or other conversion method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back