Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SUPER BASIC C help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makaram

Using MPLABS 8.8, Hitech C compiler, a pic16f84a and a pickit3
all I want to do is set a pin high so I can check if my whole setup is working before I really knuckle down and learn some C.
If i simply wanted to turn my RB3 pin high so i can attach a LED to check my whole system is working, what code would i use?
thanks !

I suggest you read the datasheet for the '84A. You'll need to set the fuses first, include source files, etc before even being able to start coding. You'll also need to set it up for ICSP. From there, it's simply a matter of setting TRISB to output (At least RB3) and then writing a main loop. Turning the LED on is the easy part. There's a lot you need to do before you can start with that. The datasheet is very important.

Der Strom

They are still called fuses..... In flash they are read / writeable... DS8 is talking about the config register it contains 'bits' (used to be fuses) that control the mode / operation of the device.

If you load tutorial 1 into MPLAB and change the second line '__config()' and change the value to 0x3ff1.. Remove the line 'CMCON0 = 7' this will revert the code to work with the 84a

Last edited:
He is asking...

He said: all I want to do is set a pin high.

Isn't he asking for an instruction in C to get that acomplished?

I am not C conversant.

Yes, he follows with: If i simply wanted to turn my RB3 pin high so i can attach a LED to check my whole system is working, what code would i use?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back