Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sumthing about robotic lawn mower...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultimatekiller

Hi,
I'm now doing a robotic lawn mower project for my diploma final project and i found that the navigation system of the lawn mower is control by a sensor and also a perimeter wire to lead the robot.
Can anyone tell me what sensor is that? Or can i replace that sensor instead of RF circuit? If so, can u pls give me some example of that circuit?? thx....

Hopefully u guys can understand my english... lol... :lol:

UltimateKillingMachine

I don't know much about what the pickup type actually is. I'm pretty sure it's very similar to the Invisible Pet Fence dog shock collars.

I have a Robomower and have taken it apart a number of times. The sensor is simply a small drum choke (maybe 3/8" x 3/8"?) on a PCB right over a substantial piece of what appears to be iron. There's one in each of the 4 corners.

The lawn's wire must make a complete loop.
The sensor can tell definitively if it's inside or outside the wire loop. It is not a promixity thing, it's got a sense of inside & outside. It won't run if placed 6" outside the wire, but it'll run in the middle of the zone 20 ft from any wire.

I have just obtained a broken Robomow which has a broken main board. i am going to try to understand how they have wired their wire sensors so i can try to make them work on my own lawn mower. if any one knows how they or their transmitter work then any information will be a help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back