Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Summer jobs to look for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybob

I've been thinking of some ideas for summer jobs since full time would be impossible at the moment. I was wondering if anyone had a few ideas. It would be awesome if I could be an apprentice to a repair shop or something, but I wouldn't be much help. I live in GA and most kids my age work at fast food restaurants or boat services. Those are fine I guess, but honestly Im looking more for the experience than the money.
Thank you for any help,
Ben

Get a job at a golf course as a groundskeeping assistant, a rental store (especially industrial equipment rental) a tire service center, any job on a farm and similar That way, you'll have some real motivation when you go back to school in the fall. Failing or quitting school means more of that summer job for the rest of your life.

Get a job at a golf course as a groundskeeping assistant, a rental store (especially industrial equipment rental) a tire service center, any job on a farm and similar That way, you'll have some real motivation when you go back to school in the fall. Failing or quitting school means more of that summer job for the rest of your life.
XD well that’s one way to do it guess.

I agree with motivation when you doing daily something that you dont want to do and you realize what you exactly want to do.

EmmaSim's post is so out of context - I can only assume it is spam. I haven't clicked the links.

Thanks for the heads-up Gophert.
She was editing old posts and inserting spam.

Now banned.

JimB

when i started out with summer jobs (i was 13 yrs old), it was at a local TV shop.... unfortunately a lot of those have gone out of existence... there still are a few today, but little of the work is component level anymore....

when i started out with summer jobs (i was 13 yrs old), it was at a local TV shop.... unfortunately a lot of those have gone out of existence... there still are a few today, but little of the work is component level anymore....

And I suspect legislation prevents younger kids working now anyway?.

Amazing how many 13-year-olds are doing web page maintenance and even app development - offering their skills on sites like Freelancer.com. The contracting party doesn't even know the age of the winning bid - they just pay for completed services. My son earned all of his middle school video game money and university beer money and spring break money on freelancer.

And I suspect legislation prevents younger kids working now anyway?.
yes... and they did then in the 1970s as well.... i got paid "under the table" and i also got a lot of valuable hands-on experience with TV and audio repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back