Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestion for a Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

prayuktibid

I am going to start a project where I need to check that if the cricket ball is hitting on a particular area on ground second the speed of this cricket ball. I need one solution which can fulfill my two demands.
For this, I need a large area(200mm x 200mm)sensor with low power consumption and also it can tolerate the pressure of a ball.
Please give me some suggestions sensor for my application. Thank you.

This can be done with a video camera and a Raspberry Pi computer.
Tracking an object is common with video. Most any camera will have 1000 x 1000 sensors.

How fast is a cricket ball? Computers watch base ball and hockey and foot ball (what ever type you like).

Thank you for your reply.
I have thought about this thing using a camera and computer vision we can achieve this. Raspberry pi camera is not enough for it we need a good quality camera. but the main two limitations are the installation of the camera outside of the field. The second cost will be high cause camera plus + computer. That is why I was looking for an alternative.

How fast is a cricket ball? ]
It can be a maximum 170 km/hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back