Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Subwoofer LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankwas

Hi All.

Can anyone please help me with something. I want to have an LED, or maybe a few LED's light up to the the beat of the music, i.e. everytime the sub produces sound, it lights up. I would also like to set the sensitivity if possible.

Thanks.

This circuit should do the job well:

Attachments

• led_music_pulses_108.png
    led_music_pulses_108.png
    27 KB · Views: 1,116
Here's a Veroboard layout for it:

Attachments

• led_music_pulses-layout_137.png
    led_music_pulses-layout_137.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,240
Hi Dr. EM,
I have lotsa blinking LEDs all over my place. Many years ago I made a circuit with 20 LEDs and a microphone to pickup the beat. I haven't made this LM386 circuit but I think it would also work well with a biased electret microphone and a 10uF cap between pins 1 and 8 on the IC to boost its gain 10 times. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back