Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stunt Jet

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the propulsion method for this plane? It almost seems somewhat unreal to believe.

Very impressive. I assume the turbines had direction thrust. Anyone found a link to the actual model?

Mike.

I have seen (heard and smelled) turbine powered model jet airplanes.
When the thrust is more than the weight then boy oh boy they can go fast.

And since kinetic energy is ½mv² they can do a boatload of damage if they run into anything, never mind that they would be destroyed in the process.

Its just hard to imagine spending enough on a toy jet that I could buy a metal lathe and a milling machine for the same ammount. But we all have diffent toys that we get excited about I guess.

Its just hard to imagine spending enough on a toy jet that I could buy a metal lathe and a milling machine for the same ammount. But we all have diffent toys that we get excited about I guess.
I bet he is single or at least was when he completed the buildup!

$20k paid for me to build my shop, get my trailer, Put in water, sewer, and electricity! Which the tax man now feels is worth over $80K.

Which the tax man now feels is worth over $80K.

They should be willing to buy property for whatever they assess it for. haha, I bet that would lower the pricing a bit.

But yeah, I'm more the type who would like to be able to make anything I think of. I just think once I learned to make the jet do some tricks, assuming I didnt crash it, I would get bored. But with the shop I doubt I'd ever get bored.

Last edited:
Money is nothing to some people. There is a model jet bomber with 8 expensive jet engines. It crashed and was destroyed. THE REPLACEMENT WILL BE BETTER AND WILL COST MUCH MORE!

THere's a model out there with 8 turbine engines?!!!! Man...wouldn't that be like a $50k model? At least?

Last edited:
If I'm spending 50K on a bunch of miniature jet engines and flight control equipment, it better be for a personal jetpack. (and probably a parachute and fire suit)

I would love to have a few thousand laying around I could build my own plane. My brother builds the smaller and mid sized models and the scalability is easy. Plus with my custom manufacturing knowledge and the ease of getting the right materials creating a airframe with the right strength to weight ratio is no problem.

Any one seen the video of the guy with the personal plane with the 15 ft wingspan and 24 hp B&S engine? My brother and I could build that!

I used to have a personal aircraft. It had a normally aspirated 115 HP, 4-cylinder Lycoming engine. It cruised at 110 knots and could pull +6 and -3 Gs

Fun airplane!

Thanks, that was great!

For $50k you could buy a REAL personal plane.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van's_Aircraft_RV-8

When I lived in your town dknguyen, I attended the airshows there, and met a man who had built a 2/3 scale P51-D. Can't recall what he had as a power plant, but it was a dry sump v8... The down side was that after 6 years, and thousands and thousands of dollars spent on test pilots and test flights, he still could not fly it. Canada is probably the worst place to do this (we are so, so, so safe here...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back