Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Study help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm studying for an exam coming up soon. I don't want the answer, I want the formula for solving this problem or some insight into how to solve this problem. I'm gonna post a file with this, with the circuit. Thank you for the help, I will appreciate any and all.

Sorry forgot the question, duh.

With switch S1 closed, you disconnect jumper wire J2.
Then, you connect your meter between points C and D and measure the current in the circuit. What current
reading will your meter display?
A. 1 A C. 1,000 mA
B. 0.5 A D. 30 mA

Hints:

1 Find the current drawn from the battery whn all the junpers are in and the switch is closed.

2 The current through J2 will be half the battery current. You can tell this from simple inspection of the circuit, do you know why?

This is an easy simple Ohms Law type problem.
(Whatever Ohms Law is?:rolleyes::rolleyes:)

JimB

Hi,

I agree with JimB.

The ammeter is usually considered a direct short for circuit problems like this one, so you just have to know how to combine parallel and series resistances and also how current divides in a parallel circuit. If you think about that you can probably come up with the answer to this.

BTW what kind of school is it?

Last edited:
pfet

Continuing from your PM.

You have found the current flowing from the battery, the courrent which would be measured by a meter at J1.

Now consider what happens to that current when it gets to the junction of R2 and R3.

JimB

Hi,

After doing the steps from JimB, try also searching for current divider formula. It might help you finish a given problem faster. But you'll have to master simplifying resistances connected in series or in parallel, or series-parallel resistances.

meowth08

Hi,

Good luck with it, and yes let us know how you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back