Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Streetlights should be provided by Government run companies (in some countries)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most succesful tech companies in the world are government controlled…..take the American semiconductor designers…Texas, Analog devices, onsemi, etc etc……..they are USA government controlled….there is no way the USA government would allow them to be free private enterprises…..these industries form the heart of the American military machine. There is no way the Yank government would allow them to be free and private…because if they were they could get bought out by foreigners etc etc….or “influenced” to sell off some of their IP to foreigners etc etc
They are government controlled, and they are massively successful…I could say “I rest my case”

Re: Texas Instruments

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Instruments

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_company

See

Type Public
Traded as
NASDAQ: TXN
NASDAQ-100 component
S&P 100 component
S&P 500 component

History
"
Texas Instruments was founded by Cecil H. Green, J. Erik Jonsson, Eugene McDermott, and Patrick E. Haggerty in 1951. McDermott was one of the original founders of Geophysical Service Inc. (GSI) in 1930. McDermott, Green, and Jonsson were GSI employees who purchased the company in 1941. In November, 1945, Patrick Haggerty was hired as general manager of the Laboratory and Manufacturing (L&M) division, which focused on electronic equipment.[13] By 1951, the L&M division, with its defense contracts, was growing faster than GSI's Geophysical division. The company was reorganized and initially renamed General Instruments Inc. Because there already existed a firm named General Instrument, the company was renamed Texas Instruments that same year. From 1956 to 1961, Fred Agnich of Dallas, later a Republican member of the Texas House of Representatives, was the Texas Instruments president. Geophysical Service, Inc. became a subsidiary of Texas Instruments. Early in 1988 most of GSI was sold to the Halliburton Company."

Re: Analog Devices

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analog_Devices

See

Type Public
Traded as
NASDAQ: ADI
NASDAQ-100 component
S&P 500 component

History

"The company was founded by two MIT graduates, Ray Stata and Matthew Lorber in 1965.[9] The same year, the company released its first product, the model 101 op amp,[10] which was a hockey-puck sized module used in test and measurement equipment.[11] In 1967, the company published the first issue of its technical magazine, Analog Dialogue.[12]

In 1969, Analog Devices filed an initial public offering[13] and became a publicly traded company. Ten years later, the company was listed on the New York Stock Exchange.[14]

In 1973, the company was the first to launch laser trim wafers and the first CMOS digital-to-analog converter.[10] By 1996, the company reported over $1 billion in company revenue.[15] That same year, Jerald Fishman was named President and CEO, a position he held until his death in 2013 (see below).[16][17]

In 2000, ADI's sales grew by over 75% to $2.578 Billion and the company acquired five companies including BCO Technologies PLC, a manufacturer of thick film semiconductors, for $150 million.[15][18]

In January 2008, ON Semiconductor completed the acquisition of the CPU Voltage and PC Thermal Monitoring Business from ADI., for $184 million.

By 2004, ADI had a customer base of 60,000 and its portfolio included over 10,000 products.[15]

In July 2016, Analog and Linear Technology agreed that Analog would acquire Linear in an approximately $14.8 billion cash and stock deal."

Re: ON Semiconductor

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ON_Semiconductor

See

Type Public
Traded as NASDAQ: ON
Russell 1000 Component
Industry Semiconductors
Founded 1999; 19 years ago
Headquarters Phoenix, Arizona, United States

History

"ON Semiconductor was founded in 1999. The company was originally a spinoff of Motorola's Semiconductor Products Sector. It continues to manufacture Motorola's discrete, standard analog, and standard logic devices."

See long list of Acquisitions, too numerous to post here.

Where do you see "government control" in these companies?

Where do you see "government control" in these companies?

It is easy, One day he was feeling down and vulnerable because he was having trouble finding a job. Someone told him, hey, it is NOT YOUR FAULT, that you can't find a job. Which made him feel better because he no longer needed to blame himself for a poor resume, poor interviewing skills or lack of ambition to seek work in another industry or occupation. Then, before he could ask, "if it is not my fault, who is really to blame for my inability to find a job?", the same person told him it was a GREATER FORCE* that needed to be stopped and he should be angry about this greater force that is causing his troubles.

* GreatForce could be a nebulous government conspiracy or "Deep State" conspiracy, Immagrents, women, minorities, or space aliens.

The point is, to finally answer your question, 'Where do you see "government control" in these companies?' he doesn't need to see it for it to be "his truth" , because it is so convenient to simply "know" that some greater force is preventing him from finding a job (or other stress reducing/secure feeling/joy-intensifying emotion) instead of being his own fault for not finding a job.

Last edited:
Did you read - **broken link removed**

Yes, I did.

Apparently my point was missed. The mentioned companies are not government controlled. They may work under government laws of the land doing things of legal obligation, like pay taxes. But "controlled", no. They work under free enterprise.

Its a case of "If I do what I have always done, I will get what I have always gotten" . As their country makes its election choices each reigning majority makes decisions that it feels are in the best interest of the majority of the people, however, good or bad it may be. Its all done with good intention.

As time wears on some decisions will be rescinded. Some may not. Hopefully this is done before it is too late.

Everything in this website, is, unfortunately for UK, cast iron fact..you can check up on it
**broken link removed**
The well known commentator, Alex Brummer, brought much of this to the surface.

I am very close to asking the other moderators if we can shut down this thread. The discussion has been nothing but bull**** from the start, the threadstarter doesn't have the slightest clue what he's talking about, and we've degenerated into a discussion of inaccurate and/or misinformed politics and conspiracy theories. This has become downright pathetic....

Last edited:
I am very close to asking the other moderators if we can shut down this thread. The discussion has been nothing but bull**** from the start, the threadstarter doesn't have the slightest clue what he's talking about, and we've degenerated into a discussion of inaccurate and/or misinformed politics and conspiracy theories. This has become downright pathetic....

I really want the AGREE button back.

Last edited by a moderator:
It didn't need to become pathetic: it started out that way, from the thread title alone.

Shut 'er down. Please.

It didn't need to become pathetic: it started out that way, from the thread title alone.

Shut 'er down. Please.
I agree. This thread is nothing but clutter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back