Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Storing data in large memory on PIC devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazy

Bear with me, I promise to stop making all these annoying posts soon. I'm almost done with my semester project. :p

I am trying to store significant amounts of data in a large store area on a dsPIC. I am not familiar with the types of memory other than that there are flash/ram or main/secondary storage. My application is this:
-Take lots of samples from ADC
-Store these samples in BufferA
-Perform computation on BufferA while ADC is storing new samples in BufferB
-Once calculations are done on BufferA, push out to DAC
-Once BufferB is full, return to step 3 and repeat

Can anyone describe how to store data such as this in large memory? Code examples would be great.

I can figure out the rest of the calculations. I need to perform FIR filters on the buffers so that is about how much time I require for buffering. I just don't know the C code involved in moving data into the right spots.

I don't think you need a such a memory.May be your total AD results will be in a 16bit register. Whats the AD resolution you performing? Actually D to A (DAC) for what? Whats this project?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back