Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stm8s timer

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the help of you guys and a bit of research, I managed to write the code without any error. There are a few lines that have to be added in the code, which I found in the examples given in the software. I don't know what these lines suggest, but as of now, it has worked. The lines are

#ifdef USE_FULL_ASSERT

/**
* @brief Reports the name of the source file and the source line number
* where the assert_param error has occurred.
* @param file: pointer to the source file name
* @param line: assert_param error line source number
* @retval None
*/
void assert_failed(uint8_t* file, uint32_t line)
{
/* User can add his own implementation to report the file name and line number,
ex: printf("Wrong parameters value: file %s on line %d\r\n", file, line) */

/* Infinite loop */
while (1)
{
}
}
#endif

I need your help one more time. I don't know how to set a timing value. In our project, at certain time, the timer should be switched ON. After the timer is enabled, a variable, say 'a' is incremented to a specific value. After that value is reached, we have to take specific actions, which can be performed in the code.
For e.g.
if(a==100)
{
//code
}
I was previously using PIC controller and mikroc, in which it was very easy to perform above steps. Not able to do the same with stvd.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back