Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stereo Receiver Yamaha RX-V800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian D

Hi

I have an older Stereo Receiver Yamaha RX-V800, that has begun shutting itself off when I try to change the input from DVD to CBL/SAT or the effect from 5 channel to any other effect.

I have opened it up, took the fuse out and as it appeared okay, put it back in and all worked well for 1 day.

Now the receiver will turn on, but as soon as I try to change anything either with the remote or push a button it shuts off.

Can someone please guide me on how to begin to repair?

Thank you,
Brian

A little advice, is the thing actually turing off (blacked out) or still lit up and just going into protection mode usually when it goes into protect mode you will hear a relay click and if that
is the the case there is a DC offset on the main amplifier section. you can measure that offset voltage emmiter resistors or the nearby phase comp. coil near output divices it's also
called the center line. leaky coupling caps can cause that maybe just a DC balance adjust. just a few of the things that could happen. If you don't know what this is all about at least
this will give you something to ask someone. GOOD LUCK.

A little advice, is the thing actually turing off (blacked out) or still lit up and just going into protection mode usually when it goes into protect mode you will hear a relay click and if that
is the the case there is a DC offset on the main amplifier section. you can measure that offset voltage emmiter resistors or the nearby phase comp. coil near output divices it's also
called the center line. leaky coupling caps can cause that maybe just a DC balance adjust. just a few of the things that could happen. If you don't know what this is all about at least
this will give you something to ask someone. GOOD LUCK.

Thank you, Dekenstam, I appreciate your help and advice. The receiver is actually turning off (blacked out). I have all the input devices unplugged from the receiver, such as the satellite radio, and dvd player. Even with the devices unplugged when I try to push the the input button from DVD to CBL/SAT or the program button for effects from 5 channel to any other effect the receiver turns off (blacks out). If I wait an hour I am able to turn the receiver on again and the front panel lights up as normal.

I am wondering if maybe the problem is on the front circuit board? The schematics call it the Operation (1) P.C.B. It is the circuit board going across the front of the unit and is long and narrow. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back