Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stereo receiver volume inconsistent/wavers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncleyosh

Greetings

I have a Yamaha RX-397 stereo receiver that has been having an odd, not easily repeatable problem. Every so often, the volume will drop by 30-50% on the right channel, then back to its normal level, then back down. This can last for hours or never happen.

It first happened months back. At that time, I tried multiple input sources and they all had the same problem. I also tried switching the left and right speakers to see if it was the speakers or the receiver and it’s always the signal out of the right side.

Back then, I took it apart and sprayed contact cleaner in all the areas I thought were related to audio output or volume control. It seemed to fix it, but has returned.

I’m fine to take it apart and spray it all again, but didn’t know if there was a more permanent fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back