Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Steps in Learning - RTOS (REAL TIME OPERATING SYSTEM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear all,

I want to learn RTOS.

For this - I've selected 'microcontroller as 8051' and 'Free RTOS'.

What's the next step ? where to go..?

Please Guide...

Thanks

I like the 8051.. very much, but support is dying, so factor that in before you start..

The basic 8051 isn't very resourcefull so you'll need to add peripherals... There is a port of freeRtos for the 8051 here https://www.freertos.org/portcygn.html but you'll really need to use their compiler.. I think there is a free version. You can use SDCC ( free compiler ) there is information on that web site. https://www.freertos.org/FreeRTOS_S...Compiling_Cygnal_demo_using_SDCC_1444640.html

You need to compile the RTOS for the compiler you need to use.. Good luck.. Quite advanced stuff. May I ask what its intended use is.

I like the 8051.. very much, but support is dying, so factor that in before you start..

...You need to compile the RTOS for the compiler you need to use.. Good luck.. Quite advanced stuff. May I ask what its intended use is.

Dear sir,

All i require is - 'to learn RTOS and how to use it'...

Microcontroller like 8051 is not an issue... I may change the microcontroller if required...

The matter is 'how to use RTOS' and what are its applications ...

Regards,

Simran

I need to brush up my skills...:)
Learning an RTOS isn't your first step.... The microcontroller 8051 is easy to learn on ( hence why its used in schools ) Build a circuit and down load the RTOS and compile it.. once you can get task 1 to blink an LED at 4 hz and task 2 to blink one at 2hz you are there.. RTOS can be simple tasks..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back