Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stepper !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

watzmann

Hi All ,

i have an idea and really like to do it ,

i have agood combination of stepepr motors , and i can use them well with microcontrollers ,

my idea is i need to send any drawing from AutoCAD to the microcontroller and then using a the 3 Axis mechainsm i can draw this one using this three stepper motors ,

the same idea of CNC router machine , as for the mecahism i have no problem with it , my problem is how to this connection between Autocad and the microcontroler

You know how when you install some new hardware, there is a disk included... and you have to install a 'DRIVER'. Or when you downgrade your system with a 'new' version of Windowz, and you can't get your scanner, printer, or most anything else to work, because you need to spend half a day searching the internet for updated drivers...

You'll need to write a custom driver, for your custom hardware. Not sure this is very common. Maybe something on CNCZone.com... But if it's Windows. it can't be easy...

Export the files as a gerber or similar text readable file, write a visual basic front end which takes the co-ordinates and translates them into paths/pen up and downs then uses the parallel port to output pulses to the stepper motor drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back