Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stepper motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uaefame

I am trying to control a stepper motor with microcontroller. Componet available:
Stepper motor
PIC 16F84A microconroller
I am not fimilar with building driver for my stepper motor.

Some specification about my bipolar stepper motor is 800mA, 5V, 7.5deg/phase. I know that without a driver my microconroller program is for nothing. Therefore, I need some guide on how to build stepper motor driver.

You just need to send a bit pattern to an H bridge. Search this forum for bipolar, stepper and H bridge.

A bipolar stepper motor will need two h-bridges, one for each coil of the stepper motor.

One chip with two h-bridges on board is the L293D, which is readily available. It has a beefier brother called the L298, which may be better as your motor pulls 800mA.

A typical stepping pattern to be sent from your micro to the h-bridges would be:

Code:
Step    H1a   H1b   H2a   H2b
  1      1     0     1     0
  2      1     0     0     1
  3      0     1     0     1
  4      0     1     1     0
  1      1     0     1     0

HTH

Last edited:
I am not expert with microcontroller when you say sending stepping pattern from microcontroller to h-bridges you mean i send Hla=output signal high, Hlb output signal low some thing like that.

Another question does microcontroller send digital signal or analog signal?

https://www.jameco.com/Jameco/Products/ProdDS/117954.PDF this websites show the driver needed to be build for my stepper motor.

Because its hard to get mc3479p, I am trying to build my own driver.
Therefore I started this post, Btw what is the different between mc3479p driver ic, and H-bridge are they the same thing.

Last edited:
Btw, i am a mechanical engineering.

Can anyone suggest an easy way to build a stepper motor driver bipolar! any website link or comment can help me!

tHANKS for understanding my pain

Not our fault you can't source the parts you need. There is mail order.

Much easier to drive a unipolar stepper.

Last edited:
uaefame said:
Its getting boring out here where i live! i will keeep looking for other useful forum over the internet where many people respond!
If you're that bored then sign up to a dating agency and get yourself laid.:p

Why there won't be a tutorial section like advance thread where the summary of many thread is posted by a professional user.

And if anyone one want to tell me how to drive a stepper motor bipolar one i will be happy to listen! i don't like guide line use H-Bridge . I like to see schematic.

uaefame said:
Its getting boring out here where i live! i will keeep looking for other useful forum over the internet where many people respond! this is my last words here i wish that people released that this forum suks and they must leave it sooooon.
Now get lost and stay out. I'm glad I never knew you.

uaefame said:
This forum is useless! i keep checking no one even bother to writer something!
At least i respect that no one is free to help!

Therefore why the hell is this forum running i guess to help us not to say we have a forum website!

Its getting boring out here where i live! i will keeep looking for other useful forum over the internet where many people respond! this is my last words here i wish that people released that this forum suks and they must leave it sooooon.

We are all so sorry that we didn't all stop what we were doing to answer your question !!!!!!!!!!

Of course we will do Google searches for you as you must be far to busy to do it yourself.

Don't worry from now on we will all be waiting with baited breath day and night in anticipation to answer any quetion you post
:p :p :p :p :p

What are these thing? and btw i want to be good now lets turn the table i start by apologizing to everyone!

I had a bad day before, start doing crap all over the internet.

People has the right to hate or love me no one is forcing them and this forum is for electrical issue not people love and hate.

To brief out i want to have a new start i am willing to give more of my time in learning and sharing new staff.

First sharing i will do with this forum...

1-I did 2-D of freedom robotic arm but the driver was ready made i mean i borrowed a ready made driver i finish the project therefore i just want to learn new information about stepper motor driver.

2- I am working with microcontroller right now controlling 2 servo motor to track the sun. Its an open loop system. I can upload picture about our tracking and design if anyone interested.

I can spend all day apologizing and wanting to get people heart back i know that you know "people do mistake and later in there life they regret it therefore we need a conservative idelogy in this forum" Last appology

hi guys i have a steppe motor book controlling with pic mcu`s.. its a very nice book for learning stepper motors..i scaned already. here upload link..
enjoy it..

Illegal pirate link deleted - Moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:
So people can somehow use google well enough to find this site, but not to find the 1500 designs out there that would work for them? I thought we lived in the internet age!

There are many stepper motor controllers out there, and many tutorials and even animations (search microchip.com) showing how steppers work, and how to control them. You have to put in some work of your own, then ask for help if still stuck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back