Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help me to build a bipolar stepper motor control

Status
Not open for further replies.

thusithk

Hello everyone,
I have a stepper motor, build by Superior Electric’s; it’s a 2.3VDC, 2.7 AMPS, bipolar motor. I tried to drive that motor with many schematic's on web but the motor power is very less (if I touched the motor shaft with a finger, motor stops). I want to drive this motor both ways and want to block the motor for some time ones it move each way.

Can anybody help me to build a simple motor control?

thusithk said:
Hello everyone,
I have a stepper motor, build by Superior Electric’s; it’s a 2.3VDC, 2.7 AMPS, bipolar motor. I tried to drive that motor with many schematic's on web but the motor power is very less (if I touched the motor shaft with a finger, motor stops). I want to drive this motor both ways and want to block the motor for some time ones it move each way.

Can anybody help me to build a simple motor control?

It's not simple because it's bipolar, so you need two H-bridges to feed it. Are you sure on the voltage?, that seems exceptionally low?.

The high current requirement tends to render most IC H-bridges useless, as does the low voltage.

Yes, the voltage is correct. This motor has driven by L298 with L297 IC, and its a complicated circuit with many microprocessors. I’m using these motors for modifying a machine.

It need 2 hbridge and you say its complicated why giving hard time just say google it u might find a better forum that this one with more expert 1
THis forum is useless i am waiting for simple answer toooooooook these guy to send year writing something which a 12 year old guy can tell! How ashamed i am

I won't bother polish my english for such a useless forum!!!!!!!!

So you don't like it here.

I have some advice for you, STFU and GTFO.

Wow 3 sqaure red reputation.

What's the problem, has to be a million Google hits for bipolar stepper motor controller, even plenty with a 16F84. Lots of quad half bridges out there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back