Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stepper motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim bro

hello,
I am trying to remote control a stepper motor.For receiver i use a receiver module with a decoder HT648L(Holtek).Because my stepper is unipolar my driver has a translator(74ls157 as multiplexer and 74ls74) and 4 transistors tip110.I have a strange problem:Everything work fine,when a hi appears in decoder's out the translator works perfect and the driver with the transistors too.But everything works fine without the stepper motor.When i put the stepper in the driver output happens something that i cannot explain.When i give a hi from the transmitter at the receiver,at the decoder output appears a hi and the stepper starts working.But when i give low from the transmitter at the receiver there is again hi so the stepper keeps working.Can anybody explain it?

may i suggest not using the 74157? i had to do a project on stepper motors recently at uni and using the D-type flip flop with the multiplexer proved unstable and produced hugely variable results, may i suggest an ex-or and JK or Ttype flip flop combination? perhaps using CMOS instead of TTL because of the better voltage capabilities (can run on slightly more unstable voltages and higher voltages so can therefore run of same voltage needed to power stepper motor [up to 15V]) if your unable to get the circuit diagram, email me ( monstermunch604@hotmail.com ) and ill send you the circuit diagram.
:)

check the power supply

always that there are things like that may be a feecback though the power. use a higer voltage to drive the motors but ALWAYS usa a separate regulator for the logic. the motor generates a lot of noise with its consuption and you will never know what kind of unstabilities can cause. good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back