Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stepper motor control

Status
Not open for further replies.

muhendis

Hi there..
I have pic16f877 and a power circuit which uses L298.With these 2 I was able to run a small stepper motor.But with other (about 10 motors) motors I couldnt success.I tried all possible pulse sequence and some of them had only shaking/vibrating and some of them didnt move at all.My questions :

May this be due the fact that my power circuit does not have L297 ?
L298 gets hot very fast,is it normal? (even when the motor shaft is free to turn,no load)
I used this sequence (with all possible combinations,total 24 combinations ) :
But this type of sequence seems to work only for my small stepper motor.For other motors (not too big,only about 1-1.5 amperes) it didnt work.Can you suggest any other sequence?Or any other suggestion?

(L298 is said to work up to 3A,all motors I tried are about 1-1.5 A,no load at all)

Thanks for your future answers..This is very important for me,I hope someone can answer it.

First of all be sure that the stepper is either bipolar or unipolar stepper motor, because the driving circuit is different.

**broken link removed**

What voltage? What step rate?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back