Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

step up

Status
Not open for further replies.
The motor uses 3kW. It might need more when it works hard.
If you make an inverter that has a 12V input and a 3kW 230V output then it wastes about 450W making heat. The battery must supply 3450W.

The 12V battery must supply 3450W/12V= 287.5A. That is rediculous unless you are towing a trailer full of huge batteries in parallel.

It will take weeks to charge that many batteries.
Rediculous.

@Audioguru
exactly ! what if i use some power electronics in it, will the current remail same?
The information provided by me and Audioguru already assumes power electronics to do the conversions.
Just remember that the power required has to be provided as the product of voltage and current: P=V*I. No amount of sophisticated circuitry can change this fact. If you use a low voltage source, you need high current. If you use a high voltage source, you need low current. Also, the conversion process wastes some power.

Last edited:
I think you need to haul a gasoline-powered generator.
I think you have the solution there AG.

Use the petrol/diesel generator to charge the battery, to drive the inverter, to drive the motor, to drive the car.:rolleyes:

Now, how many dB loss between the fuel tank and the drive wheels.:D

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back