Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Static Pressure for Solder TIp Fume

Status
Not open for further replies.

dknguyen

Most Helpful Member
Does anyone know approximately the required static pressure required for a solder fume tip extraction system with a 6mm tube? I was going to hook it up to my area exhaust extractor but apparently that does not have enough static pressure at all, seeing as how it's meant for CFM.

Schematic, please.

Or should I just guess how far your 6mm tube is from the solder tip.
Or should I just guess how long your 6mm tube is from your accumulator or pump or blower.
Or should I just guess what percent of the particulate you want drawn into your tube.

5 feet of tubing. The opening is right next to the tip. Just no vacuum for anything to go in. The fumes just pass by. I assume it needs to be at least enough so that if I cover the nozzle with my finger, I should be able to feel something.

I'm not sure what you want me to say about particulate percentage because that just sounds like an idealistic parameter that would be available in a perfect world where all variables were known. As it is, there's no way for me to measure or even gauge that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back