Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Start motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I got it hooked up, but I don't have many resistor values to play with and couldn't get it to work like I wanted it to. I ended up going with 3W worth of solar panels. This runs the fan at full speed, but this starts the fan before full sun has reached my heater core. My original thoughts were to supply enough power to run the fan at full sun only, that way the heater core has a chance to start warming up. But alas, my plan has failed. I will seek out a timer circuit that will delay the fan start up enough to allow the heater core to heat up before the fan turns on. Thanks for all the help guys.

You need about a 40 watt solar panel 20 would do in full sun.
Thought you might be interested to know my results. I ended up with 3W worth of solar panels and the fan runs before full sun reaches it. I'm not sure about less watts to run it, but for sure this shows double the wattage on a small item will definitely provide enough energy. Thanks for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back