Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Standards for remote controls on audio leads

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonelaughter

Hi

I'm sure you're all aware of the leads on headsets and so on which have "Play/Pause, Fast Forward and Rewind" controls on them; and the 3.5mm stereo jack plug with *4* lands to accomodate the extra functions.

Can anyone direct me to the standards for producing such a lead? I would also like to know if the ones with three buttons are digital or simple switches... as delivering three different commands on a single cable might be problematic otherwise?

Anyway - any info that anyone can offer me about these leads would be helpful, or links to such info; as googling has not been fruitful. If feasible I intend to build such a lead...

Thanks

I'm guessing here, but I imagine it to be just switching in a different resistance for each of the buttons I.E 1K, 10K and 100K which is detected by an ADC in the main unit.
That's how the 'wired' remote worked on the first video recorder I ever had.

If its a recent system then it could well be serial digital data, sony have their own system its used on dictafones, car radio steering column remotes and the like.

I wouldnt be surprised if its based on their infra red remote control system which is pulse position modulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back