Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Standard LCD 7 seg display question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan (gearhead)

Hi. I'm working on modifying an existing simple counter using Pic16F84A and a 7 segment display(1 row 4 signs) driven by a PCF8577 lcd direct/duplex driver with I2C-bus interface.

I'm going to use a 3 key keypad to count up and down and have the ability to change between 4 counters and zero counters and to have a little circuit checking the battery level to determin when to save the 4 counter datas to the eeprom...

I have written the code that works on the current counter but now I'm looking to see if anyone knows of a lcd 7 segment display with the driver already attached to the display(on a small board or something)... This because I want to cut the size of the current circuit board and make it more compact...

The thing is that the current display is quite small 23.7*13.7 mm (with 1 row and 4 signs) and that seems hard to find..even harder to find something that already has a driver attached...so if you've ever come across one please let me know..

The display I'm using now:
**broken link removed**
The driver:
**broken link removed**

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back