Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SRAM / DRAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

patroclus

Could you tell me any common cheap Static RAM IC I can get? I need about 16-32 Mbits..
I'm thinking of using DRAM instead, but I supose it needs refreshing circuit and don't know how could I do it easily, any ideas ?

I need it for mid-range data storage (using 3V Lithium battery)

patroclus said:
Could you tell me any common cheap Static RAM IC I can get? I need about 16-32 Mbits..

'Cheap' and 'static' are pretty well mutually exclusive, a common one was the 6116 - but that's only 2KB.

I don't recall ever seeing static RAM's in those sorts of sizes, you also will have problems feeding it from a small lithium battery, the 6116 was a CMOS chip designed for battery backup, but most static RAM's aren't designed for that.

I would have thought FLASH memory modules would be a better bet, they are available in decent sizes.

Anyway, what are you trying to do that requires such a large data store?.

Gaming console development cartridge (for Super Nintendo/Famicom). I have problems getting big flash like 29F016, and 29F040 is just too small (would need many of them, and would be expensive too).

someone recomended me to use EDO RAM as it is cheap and have quite large capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back