Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spray box to cool down components - need help with terminology [solved]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grossel

Hi.

I'm about to try to buy a box of cooling spray so I can try to repair an old laptop.

Then the most annoying problem - when I search for "cooling spray" on ebay, it just return a bounch of "plastic cooling fans to give kids on vacation" type of stuff. So I assume that the correct english terminology isn't "cooling spray" (that will be a direct translation word-by-word from the norwegian product description).

Either that, or it is some international regulation that makes it impossible to order and send that kind of products, it is like a hair spray box - but a lot cooler.

So my question is - what is the term to use when describing this type of product?

Thanks in advance

"Freeze spray". That should exclude anyone wanting to use it on their face or neck.

I go with Freeze Mist. The link will yield a dozen results. I have used and like the GC Electronics stuff in the past and it works fine. Shop wisely as prices for the exact same can (12 ounce) can have a wide swing depending on the vendor. I have also used canned air (any computer supply store) holding the can upside down for liquid dispense and that worked well.

Ron

Be aware that using a freeze spray produces condensation which may cance the circuit conditions due to a leakage path through the condensation. This effect should be quite small as the condensation will be distilled water.

Les.

Please be aware of the dangers of using canned air upside down .... I have permanent damage to my pointer finger because of this. Long story short, I froze my finger without realizing it to the point I could not bend it using canned air upside down. It damaged the protective sheath around my bone which by design promotes bone growth when you break a bone. since my sheath was damaged, the bone growth doesn't know to correctly stop and acts up on occasion and is extremely painful. Six years ago a hand doctor wanted to remove three of my fingers. I am turning 49 in March, and my accident happened in my early 20's. I have good days and bad days with my finger.

Sorry to hear about your damaged finger. I very much appreciate your warning about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back