Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sprague Mike-O-Meter Capacitor Tester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Jobe

I am needing a schematic for this unit. It uses an "eye" tube for the indicator. Does anyone have one to share?? Ive been looking for over 2 years with no luck on sites that offer schematics.

I have an EICO (1960's competitor to Heathkit) capacitor bridge and breakdown Voltage tester. Its schematic is here somewhere. It has a green eye used to indicate balance and breakdown. I could scan it for you if that would be useful.

Im not sure, but it might be different.......I need an accurate schematic if possible, otherwise a repair attempt would be a moot point...

**broken link removed**

Ken

Hi MJ,

See that you have asked this question a few times on the net without luck.

Does your capacitor tester look like the instrument in the image below?

spec

2017_02_2017_SPRAUGE_MIC-O-METER.png

Last edited:
Looks like the author of this article may have access to a schematic, in view of this comment :- "A quick view of the power supply schematic, shared by the Knight, Lafayette, and most other cap testers, revealed why that would happen.". Might be worth trying to track him/her down.

The Eico I have is pictured in the article linked by Alec in post #7

I scanned it for you

Attachments

• boat.pdf
    651.3 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Yes..That is the one I have

I felt sure that there would be a circuit for your meter, but no. I managed to get schematics for some of the other Sprague capacitance meters though.

I expect you have heard this before, but Mike-O-Meter is a fairly simple instrument (based on a bridge), so can't you just trace out the schematic form the unit that you have?

spec

Looks like the author of this article may have access to a schematic, in view of this comment :- "A quick view of the power supply schematic, shared by the Knight, Lafayette, and most other cap testers, revealed why that would happen.". Might be worth trying to track him/her down.
I checked this article before and could not find the right diagram. Ive worked on a lot of different cap analyzers, and they are similar, but different. If Im going to repair the Sprague Mike-O-Meter, I would need the original schematic, otherwise a "similar diagram" is a wasted efffort, when troubleshooting/repairing and can add needless hours to the repair process, like any other device. Thanks anyway...Mike

I felt sure that there would be a circuit for your meter, but no. I managed to get schematics for some of the other Sprague capacitance meters though.

I expect you have heard this before, but Mike-O-Meter is a fairly simple instrument (based on a bridge), so can't you just trace out the schematic form the unit that you have?

spec
I would if I had the time...which I don't.

I can't help out with a schematic, but these capacitor testers all used very similar bridge type circuits. So, if you get the schematic for another model (https://bama.edebris.com/manuals/sprague/), it won't likely be much different than yours. The circuit should be simple enough that it won't be hard to trace so that you can make your own schematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back