Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SpotTheMistake Critiques Roman Black's Two Transistor Switcher Design

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed the inductor by 10% and got a 10% change in the width of the waveform.
This shows an almost identical response, while changing Q1, doubling up Q1 and altering the base current considerably had NO effect on the waveform.
I think you are wrong with your assessments that Q1 is involved with the timing.

Hello colin,

Double up the transistor Q1? Who said to do that?

"And altering the base current considerably had NO effect on the waveform"
That's just nuts because that is impossible. If you cut off the base current, the transistor never turns on. If you limit the base current like i said, you'll see the peak inductor current get lower. Try 200 ohms for R1.
You must know that the base current controls the collector current in a transistor dont you?

You can see how phoney a simulator is.

hi,
With replies like this, after all the evidence thats been posted by a number of experienced qualified EE's, I am considering closing this Thread, unless any of the EE's have an objection to me doing so.

Eric

Hi,

Well colin mentioned 'doubling up' the transistor, which is not possible in real life. In a simulator you can double up a transistor but in real life it's more complicated. That's if he did what i think he did :)

I think colin just needs to do a few more well planned tests so he can see that it really works the way everyone is saying.

As far as closing the thread, i guess i dont have an opinion on that...unless colin is willing to do a few more tests to show how this circuit really works he's never going to change his opinion.

You can see how phoney a simulator is.

Very sad!! I'm sorry to hear anyone who considers themselves a professional to response this way.

I suppose than I need to get the necessary components and build and test the circuit myself. It's hard to put faith in claims that go against all that is reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back