Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Split Power Supply for ESR Meter

Status
Not open for further replies.
£10 is good, I live in the uk and I wouldnt do it for less than that :D, then again shipping inside the uk is getting as expensive as shipping outside!

£10 is good, I live in the uk and I wouldnt do it for less than that :D, then again shipping inside the uk is getting as expensive as shipping outside!

Well I could do it for $15.00 USD, If he has some US Dollars.
Either way, it Must be Actual Money, Mailed to me in a Letter.

I will assemble it and test it, But since I really have no use for this device, I will just mail him the Assembled PCB, Less the Integrated Circuit.
For Testing, I don't have a TL084 but I will use a TL074.
The Other parts are not worth much anyway.

Last edited:
Either way, it Must be Actual Money, Mailed to me in a Letter.

I did that years ago, to Australia (back long before PayPal etc.)

I investigated the various ways of doing foreign payments, and all of them would cost more in charges than the amount I was ending :D

So I ordered some Australian dollars at the bank, stuck them in an envelope, and posted them off.

More 'recently' (but still a few years back) I had to send money to a German company (for software, which they posted to me and asked me to send them the money afterwards). They required the money (or cheque) in Euros, and I went through all the same hoops again - in the end I had a sudden revelation (but didn't run down the street naked shouting 'eureka' :p) - I remembered my boss has a Spanish bank account (as he has a villa in Spain), and he was happy to take Pounds from me and give me a cheque in Euros. The company now take credit cards, so the problem has never arisen since.

How come, in the 21st century, I can't just write a normal cheque in any currency I want without ludicrous charges?.

How come, in the 21st century, I can't just write a normal cheque in any currency I want without ludicrous charges?.

Money changers may not be the oldest profession, but they have been around and scorned since Biblical times. That is probably true in other cultures too. Of course BitCoin proposed a solution, but all fiat money has the potential to be unstable and corrupted. Market moves may even be accentuated in the 21st century, as truly huge transfers can happen almost instantly.

John

Hi Chemelec

Interesting Impetus this thread has taken on .. .. .. . :)

I will assemble it and test it, But since I really have no use for this device

Then please don't do it !

I have established during the course of discussion in this thread that the circuit is flawed and I have since found several much more appropriate circuits to achieve my goal. It has to said that at this moment in time, the learning curve of investigating, building and analysing the results are far more beneficial to my lack of experience than the worth of the actual ESR meter.

I do hope there is no offence .. .. ..

S

OK, If there is No Interest in this, I won't bother making it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back