Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

venu

hi

i have searched millions of websites in an atempt to strike on a SPICE goldmine , but all i seem to get is an article regarding the basic syntax of how to represent the parts. could u please suggest a site more comprehensive , if not , could u refer a book followed by students . could u also mention a site , from which the SPICE software could be downloaded .

thank u

venu

There are quite a few good books on spice or pspice (the pc version) from an engineers perspective, but many of them are very hard to find or come at a high price (especially the ones with cd libraries or on-line subscriptions included).
Introduction to pspice for electric circuits (8th Ed) by Nilsson, or the Orcad pspice for windows series (starting with volume 1: dc and ac) by roy goody are both good places to start.
If you're looking for help on spice for mainframes or any other variant of spice then these books will provide some help, but i have no idea where to find specific books.
Try looking round university bookstores, or second hand bookstores near universities. I've found a number of rare or out of print electronics books in places like that, or in the case of the former they can usually order from overseas for a low price.

As for downloading, assuming you're using a windows pc and want to use pspice, try the official orcad site (https://www.orcad.com). They have a free student version of pspice and also some other utilities. I don't know of a site where you can download the original SPICE software though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back