Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spice model LM386

Status
Not open for further replies.
Select 'New Symbol' from the 'File' menu.

You can use my LM386 symbol if you like, just rename the attached text file to LM386.ASY and add to the 'LT Spice/lib/sym/misc' directory.

Thank you very much,Per your indication,I manage to add LM386 LTspice Model to my LTspice software.Next step,I need to check this model whether work ok or not.Anyway,thank you for your help.Best wishes for you.

^
|
|

Nudge... :)

As well as wanting to know how to hide pins in LTspice, I'm specially after that CA3140 model.. very elusive, strangely. Anyone have it? Even if it's as 'deprecated' as some people have suggested to me, I want to learn from it because I'm familiar with that chip, but Googling doesn't find models, just people asking for them.

Last edited:
^
|
|

Nudge... :)

As well as wanting to know how to hide pins in LTspice, I'm specially after that CA3140 model.. very elusive, strangely. Anyone have it? Even if it's as 'deprecated' as some people have suggested to me, I want to learn from it because I'm familiar with that chip, but Googling doesn't find models, just people asking for them.
You might have to join the **broken link removed** (very good) to access these, but you will find CA3140.sub, CA3140.asy, and CA3140_test.asc at this location: **broken link removed**

I couldn't figure out how to have hidden power pins, but it might be doable with attributes, which you can read about in the LTspice Help file. Also, search the Yahoo LTspice group archives for "attributes", "hidden pins", and anything else you can think of.

I hate Yahoo with a passion. >:)

I'll sign up though if I can't get a post here. I don't want many models, I'm just very keen to get the CA3140 because it has some very useful DC-coupled properties on single rail supplies that make it replace many more complex systems.

If someone who vists that group can post me the asy and sub files for the CA3140, please do. (It will help others who are Googling, it's worth posting here, as no other source seems to exist). And the test asc file, might be useful to see that too.

Re pins, thankyou, I looked though, I don't think I can hide them with attribute methods. I made some new symbols that allow neater labelling that leaves space for feedback components without sprawling though.

I hate Yahoo with a passion. >:)

I'll sign up though if I can't get a post here. I don't want many models, I'm just very keen to get the CA3140 because it has some very useful DC-coupled properties on single rail supplies that make it replace many more complex systems.

If someone who vists that group can post me the asy and sub files for the CA3140, please do. (It will help others who are Googling, it's worth posting here, as no other source seems to exist). And the test asc file, might be useful to see that too.

Re pins, thankyou, I looked though, I don't think I can hide them with attribute methods. I made some new symbols that allow neater labelling that leaves space for feedback components without sprawling though.
You are missing a valuable resource by not joining the Yahoo LTspice group. It has many other very useful files which you can access. If you are going to be serious about using LTspice, it is almost a must.
Why are you prejudiced against Yahoo? Are you a Google stockholder?:p
I'm not going to support your attitude by posting the files here. If someone else wants to, I obviously can't stop them

Nope, never. I don't have shares in anything, on principle..

Just let me hold out a little longer. :) Yahoo is an awkward pain but I will, eventually. I just want that model fast so I can test something specific.. Basically I want to see if it models the couple of useful quirks I like that IC for, and to see if it lets me do a single rail verison of what I'm currently doing with an LF412.

One last plea... be nice to me, someone. :) If you're signed up to to Yahoo, please grab for me that CA3140 (or CA3240) model from the LTspice group. Some time I'll sign up but they ARE a pain and it is NOT a thing to sign up to lightly, I don't want to shove in a load of blether just to get in for one momentary need, I don't want to do it till I've worked out what I want to tell them.

By posting in here you'll help other people who come via Google, too.

One last plea... be nice to me, someone. :) If you're signed up to to Yahoo, please grab for me that CA3140 (or CA3240) model from the LTspice group. Some time I'll sign up but they ARE a pain and it is NOT a thing to sign up to lightly, I don't want to shove in a load of blether just to get in for one momentary need, I don't want to do it till I've worked out what I want to tell them.

By posting in here you'll help other people who come via Google, too.

hi,
This is a 'basic' CA3140, using the inbuilt opa from LTS.

You can tweak the parameters.:)

EDIT: bit of searching on the web shows the attached sub, change the ext from txt to sub.

Attachments

• AAAimage03.gif
    AAAimage03.gif
    10.5 KB · Views: 433
  • ca3140.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 427
Last edited:
hi,
This is a 'basic' CA3140, using the inbuilt opa from LTS.

You can tweak the parameters.:)

EDIT: bit of searching on the web shows the attached sub, change the ext from txt to sub.
Eric, you are more compassionate than I.:D

Good man. Thanks. And while My Yahoo excuse is valid and feasible (and true) it was stupid of me to not think of Googling CA3140.SUB.

hi,

I found one you posted years ago.! on this Forum.:)

Perhaps you were more compassionate then.;)
Could be. I am turning into a cranky old fart.
OTOH, I probably didn't know about the file on the Yahoo group site. Maybe it wasn't even there then.
It just sort of galls me to have a guy request that we do more work when I already went to the trouble of finding the site where he could get the file, and for a reason that he has yet to explain, except in vague terms.
I thought he would be overjoyed, but no...

Sometimes it's just easier to give a person what they want than to make a moral crusade of your denial. I don't mind going out of my way to do that when I have it in easy reach at a moment's notice so I don't think it's an unreasonable request to make.

Is the file I was given yesterday the same one? If not I'll be going there sooner rather than later anyway. And at what point did I ever sound disappointed? If I thought you'd pointed in the wrong direction I'd have said so.

Last edited:
Zoodlewurdle, I'm not actually pissed off, just mildly annoyed. Mostly, I am curious about your aversion to Yahoo.

Ok. :) It's just that they ask me more questions than I get if I'm stopped by the police on one of my habitual night time runs, or by a bank if I open an account. Three layers of security questions, plus a password and a few bits of other stuff too, I don't think even PayPal or eBay asked that much of me when I signed up. Besides, all that stuff is a sod to remember, either that or a sod to invent so I don't forget. It's a lot of hurdles for a one-off event, even though it might become viable to do it later.

It's been so long since I did anything new with Yahoo, I don't remember what they asked.
I have a mail account that I almost never use.
I read the news at My Yahoo.
I am a member of about a half dozen groups, but the LTspice one is the only one I ever visit.
The only ongoing security issue is an occasional request for my password.

It's been so long since I did anything new with Yahoo, I don't remember what they asked.
I have a mail account that I almost never use.
I read the news at My Yahoo.
I am a member of about a half dozen groups, but the LTspice one is the only one I ever visit.
The only ongoing security issue is an occasional request for my password.

hi Ron,
I joined Yahoo.spice after swopping posts with you a few weeks ago.:)

Its a great site for anyone learning or using LTspice, the sign up is not a hassle at all.
If you want to pause the emails, its a simple matter of editing your user options.

Last edited:
I can understand people not wanting to join Yahoo, I put it off for awhile.

Perhaps someone should consider posting the most important models for everyone to use.

Actually eBay and Paypal are probably harder to sign up to now too, than when I did it...

Hero999, I second that. It might increase bandwith drain on the forum host if it got big, but a few of the old standards that have endured might be good, in cases like the CA3140 which was hugely used for decades but which no maker currently releases a model for. People will likely host them elsewhere once they spread, which lowers the load again. One model sorely lacking net-wide is a decent electrical model of a laser diode, the single mode high power type most people are likely to want to try. I think I might be able to help if I get one but although a guy at Intusoft said he might be able to use SpiceMod to make me one, I don't yet know if he will, or if I'll have free license to distribute it. I will ask though. My other option will be to try to negotiate something I can afford for non-business use of SpiceMod. :) It's very expensive otherwise... $600. They used to do a complete package for less than that for personal use but withdrew it, maybe for lack of take-up, and I don't know if SpiceMod was ever part of it anyway.

Last edited:
I hesitate to post this, because it will probably open a can of worms.
Here is the contents of my SwCADIII/lib/sub folder, minus (most of) the files that are included in the SwCADIII download.
I will post a model if it is requested, when I have the time and inclination. I may or may not have a corresponding symbol (.asy) file. I'll post that too if it is requested.
Most of these have been gleaned from manufacturers' web sites. I can't guarantee that they are accurate or current. I haven't used some of them, and don't know if they will even work.

Attachments

• sub.txt
    8 KB · Views: 610
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back