Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

spice model for SCR / MCR100

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinarfi

I have the down loaded simulation in .txt How do I make a model (if that's the correct name) that will work in my spice schematic, please, I'm think I could figure out eventually, but a little will could make it happen today instead of in months, I haven't figured it out yet, so please advise.
Thanks,
Kinarfi

Attachments

• post2.PNG
    post2.PNG
    13.3 KB · Views: 703
  • MCR100.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 1,153
  • post.PNG
    post.PNG
    16.7 KB · Views: 1,080
Save model file in C:\program files\LTC\LTspiceIV\lib\sub as MCR100-0003.sub.
In the component attribute editor, change SCR to MCR100-0003.
Add a 10k resistor in series with the gate.

Attached is a .asc file of the sim I ran to test the model. You can run it on your computer to see what I did.

Attachments

• scr sim waves.PNG
    scr sim waves.PNG
    15.5 KB · Views: 778
  • scr sim sch.PNG
    scr sim sch.PNG
    8.9 KB · Views: 868
  • SCR sim.asc
    901 bytes · Views: 742
Thanks for the help, however. I'm still doing something wrong. I copied the .txt file over to my LTspiceIV\lib\sub \ MCR100-3.sub. and rewrote your asy to match and yours work fine. I just get the flag. got any suggestions?
Thanks,
Kinarfi

EDIT
Changed my scr from MCR100-3 TO MCR100-003 AND IT WORKS,
Thanks so much for the help.
Kinarfi

Attachments

• aascr.asc
    737 bytes · Views: 401
  • post3.PNG
    post3.PNG
    10.9 KB · Views: 485
Last edited:
Thanks for the help, however. I'm still doing something wrong. I copied the .txt file over to my LTspiceIV\lib\sub \ MCR100-3.sub. and rewrote your asy to match and yours work fine. I just get the flag. got any suggestions?
Thanks,
Kinarfi
Look at the first line of the model file:
.SUBCKT MCR100-003 anode gate cathode PARAMS:
You have to enter MCR100-003 into the component attribute editor, not MCR100-3.
The file name can actually be anything you want, but I usually name it the same as the subckt name.
If you get the same error after the fix I described, then your file is in the wrong location.

Last edited:
I went looking at the file and the names I was using and found that the first line in the .txt and subsequent .sub file are the name you must use, so, in my files, it is now MCR100-3.sub which made every thing work, moral of the story is make the names match exactly, computers are so fussy!
Thanks again,
Kinarfi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back