Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

spec

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not a good idea to publish personal identification information in the open forum.
Hence I have deleted the contents of this post.

Moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry but we some are really worrying about spec.

Sorry but we some are really worrying about spec.
Not sure why??? If he doesn't want to be contacted, respect his wishes..
If he has a serious problem, my thoughts are with him, but what can we do!

Not sure why??? If he doesn't want to be contacted, respect his wishes..
If he has a serious problem, my thoughts are with him, but what can we do!
I am sorry, but it would not be his wish not to be contacted. Since last September we became befriended, I had just had major heart surgery and during my revalidation I had taken up a rebuild of a LM723 lab power supply during which time he had been of very great help. I had invited him and his wife at my home here in Ghent BE.
We had personal contact, also by email; but even on his private email address I do not get response. I am getting so worried...

even on his private email address I do not get response
If you have his private e-mail address, then you have more that anyone else.*

If he is not responding to that address, he has either "gone off in a huff", or, he is very ill or worse.

* A moderator can see the e-mail address that a member has used to join the forum, but it would not be correct to distribute that information.

JimB

I have his full name and address and have been searching for any news published in that area in the past few months and the result was 0. I really hope no news = not bad news.

Spec was indeed a very helpful contributor.
It was my understanding that he was also retired or semi-retired.

Therefore, it is not un- conceivable that he could be ill.

Not sure why this is in the projects section but... Like the rest I am not sure where Spec went or why. He was a really good contributor and about all I can do is say I hope he is well.

Ron

Not impossible he died. I know of a number of people on other forums I have been on that just disappeared one day only to find out some time later they passed on.

Some were good and missed and people many of us would have considered sending a condolences card to their families for. Others, well.... A full bladder and knowing where the grave was would have sufficed too.

Spec was the former not latter in my book. ;)

Hi,

Just noticed this thread.
My only thought is that the person with the personal information should contact the local police in that local area. They may be able to help.

It is possible Spec just decided to move on. I do not think it is our place or necessary to take any further action but to wish him well. :)

I have also tried his personal email several times, for reasons i wont go into there are some very good reasons he would have replied. Not sure what to think but considering the reason for my contact i doubt he would not have sent some reply in return. Apart from anything else he just wouldnt not reply on his personal email. I dont think its the one he used for sign up.

:eek::confused:

I mentioned ages ago about him not being around, i thought maybe a few weeks and he would pop up again. Staying off site i can understand, but not answering emails that are important (to him not me) dosnt make any sense whatever. He lives not that far from where I grew up before we moved, we still go back now and then. I might try and see if i can get some info

Thanks, LG.

His contributions have been prolific and erudite.

Well it seems life has kind of got in his way, he is fine and well. I dont know much in the way of detail and it dosnt matter, i didnt ask alot of questions i was only interested in knowing he is well. And he is. He is a great member and should he appear one day then for me that will be a good day, but i think speculation and guessing as to why is pointless. It is his choice afterall, the main thing is we didnt loose another member who no one noticed wasnt around until they had been dead a year.

Specs if you read any of this, good wishes mate and i hope life is more fun these days.

No problem, I wanted to know because i still feel a twinge of guilt over Bonchuk. I used to speak to Herman the German on chat most days, then one day the chats stopped. I didnt say anything and no one seemed to notice, then a year later we hear he had died of a nasty illness.

ok this is the internet people come and go, but some of you have been around since my very first day on the internet when i was just 11 years old. I am 17 this year.
So many of you are about as close to friends as the internet allows.

^ meant in a nice way, hard to tell sometimes with my mangalation of the queens English :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back