Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Speaker Line-out

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyc6765

I would like to build a simple box that takes an amplified speaker out and reduces it to a line level out. The amplified signal will be coming from a guitar amplifier. The line level out needs to be the signal only, no amplification. I am a novice at this, so please keep it simple and in layman terms if possible. Thank you for your response.

TonyC
tonyc6765@hotmail.com

If the spaker output of amplifier currently loaded with speaker, simply connect a potmeter (about 1k) parallel with output. From wiper coming an adjustable signal.

I found this last night searching for schematics after I posted the first question. The second one has a 1k potmeter like Sebi suggests, but also some extras. Does it look like a good plan for a speaker line-out?

"Run the hot for your line out through a 100 ohm resistor and 10mfd/50/NP cap in series...resistor to the "G terminal.....place a 100k resistor to ground from the end of the cap. The junction of the cap and 100k resistor is your line out.

100 10 uf
G o----/\/\/--------] [---+----o line out
|
/
\
100K /
\
/
\
|
=
gnd .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another suggestion, incorporating a potentiometer, so that the (fairly hot) output of the Hammond can be padded down a little:

1K 1.0 uf
G o----/\/\/--------] [---+
|
/
\
50K /<---o line out
\
/
\
|
=
gnd .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why the Capacitor?
In the above circuits, I'm not sure what the purpose of the capacitor is. If I had to guess I'd say it's to protect the organ's output transformer from errant DC (from a faulty "input").

I'm pretty sure the above circuits will work fine without the capacitor as long as you're careful about what you plug the line out into. (E.g., don't plug the output into a power supply.) "

From line input can't coming voltage, and the trafo secondary (with about 1mm wire...) cannot damaged. No need the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back