Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Speaker Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptewright

I'm using a speaker to output a few PWM signals.
I got the speaker from taking apart some cheap computer speakers.
When I feed in my PWM output directly to the speaker, the sound that is generated doesn't seem to be loud enough. Is there a way to amplify that using simple circuitry? Any sample circuitry I could refer to would also help. Thanks a lot

ptewright said:
I'm using a speaker to output a few PWM signals.
I got the speaker from taking apart some cheap computer speakers.
When I feed in my PWM output directly to the speaker, the sound that is generated doesn't seem to be loud enough. Is there a way to amplify that using simple circuitry? Any sample circuitry I could refer to would also help. Thanks a lot

Any computer speakers for use with ATX boards already have an amplifier inside (as the motherboard doesn't have power amplifiers on board). If your speaker has one, use that!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back