Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

spark plugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowser22

hey, making a pulse jet engine and want to improve on it by adding a spark plug that i can control using a circuit to fire when and how often i want it to, this is to prevent engine stalling and to smooth out incomplete combustion. any ideas?

lmao i dont even know what an input slat is. i can tell you i have alots of dirtbike coils that will handle igntion and i have a nice 12v motorclyce battery i just need a good clean schem for bulding it. im thinkin somehwere along the lines a 555 may be onvolved to change the frequencey at which the plug sparks?

theres a guy that invented an ecu for these that uses a transducer to listen to the pulses of the jet then change things accordingly, i dont think he published his shcems tho. hmmmmmmmm i am using a valveless design.

Hi bowser,

Pulse jets normally ignite the fuel-air mixture by the red hot cumbustion chamber after initial ignition.

For proper operation a minimum temperature of the cumbustion chamber is required, resulting in minimum thrust.

To throttle the jet below that operating point I suggest to use a glow plug as it is used in reciprocal model engines.

Ignition timing is not critical at all since the jet will only fire if the fuel-air mixture is rich enough, which is proved by the starting procedure: compressed air in, ignition on (which fires sparks at any frequency), fuel line - open.

Don't use a pulse jet with an R/C aircraft model. If uncontrolled it will have a V1 similar effect upon impact on the "target". :)

Boncuk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back