Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

spark gap trigiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstich

i am planing on making a spark gap and i wondring what this means Field distortion - The voltage on an auxiliary electrode (typically between the main gap electrodes) causes a local increase in the E field strength above the it means a plying a + voltage to a electrod between the main electrodes right and if im right how much power do you think would be neded like a 100 volts or less or more

dstich said:
i am planing on making a spark gap and i wondring what this means Field distortion - The voltage on an auxiliary electrode (typically between the main gap electrodes) causes a local increase in the E field strength above the it means a plying a + voltage to a electrod between the main electrodes right and if im right how much power do you think would be neded like a 100 volts or less or more

I'm not quite sure I understand your question. Some clarification would really help. I can tell you this, for a given power input delivered to your spark gap (when they are discharging), if an E field is increased on your "auxiliary" electrode, the current will be reduced in such a way as to maintain the conservation of energy. I get the impression that you are wondering if you will need more power input because of the increased E-field. How much power you input is up to you.

The standard unit for power is the Watt. It does not make sense to ask about how much power in volts.

i want to know a bout trigering the gap using field distortion and how many volts i would aply to the center electrode to triger the gap

The voltage required depends on the spacing and shape of the electrodes and the voltage applied across the gap. There are programs that will map the field and figure that out, but why not just increase the trigger voltage until it fires?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back