Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

soundwave tp3230dvb lcd tv mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

skullygears

hi is there anyone that could shed some light toward my problem with my soundwave tp3230dvb lcd tv Picture loss, Sound Remains after 10 minutes from cold ,the on button has a blue led ring which eluminates when off in standby and then goes off when you turn on the tv & remains as supposed to while on .As before 10minutes i counted then it becomes black screen of death appears with sound still active .The next thing is i turn it off then turn it back on the picture is fine & will be for half to an hour or when i decide to change channel on the cable receiver ,i have been in menu to see if there is a setting but it was fine for about 13months & was in the boys room used regular with xbox360.please can anyone shed light toward this problem iam able to strip & repair & solder .with regards

hi is there anyone that could shed some light toward my problem with my soundwave tp3230dvb lcd tv Picture loss, Sound Remains after 10 minutes from cold ,the on button has a blue led ring which eluminates when off in standby and then goes off when you turn on the tv & remains as supposed to while on .As before 10minutes i counted then it becomes black screen of death appears with sound still active .The next thing is i turn it off then turn it back on the picture is fine & will be for half to an hour or when i decide to change channel on the cable receiver ,i have been in menu to see if there is a setting but it was fine for about 13months & was in the boys room used regular with xbox360.please can anyone shed light toward this problem iam able to strip & repair & solder .with regards

Call the company it may be something to do with demo.

When they demo tv's sometime it's a setup for different things.

Usually it's something stupid like when tv is off press and hold the power button for 7-10 sec.

kv

hi killivot thanks for the reply buddy but the tv has been in our possesion & used for 13 to 14months daily till it started.now heres the wierd thing its been on now for the last 2hours since it went off.been through the whole manual & user menu & every which way but loose, iam trying every avenue that can be suggested before i start checking for dry joints & possible thermo breaks etc.it would be great if anyone else had the same problem to the letter so icould act ,at the moment its like shooting in the dark .but you are right about demo modes & default settings alike.thankyou for your input buddy appreciated.regards

You just brought something to mind. I'm not one to have an expensive TV I have an old CRT.

I just thought if your using a Cable TV box it could be the box interrupting the video. I thought maybe if your not using the TV's tuner then it could be the receiver.

I had this same problem on my little CRT. I changed the box with an extra from my daughters room and it fixed it.

However, last week I had some Similar trouble (couldn't change the Channels) which is how the other box started, before there was no video.

So, I called the Cable TV folks while I had them on the phone the guy said try it again and it started working.

I think there is something he did but he said he didn't do anything.

I'm still suspicious.

kv

Thankyou for your reply killivolt.Crazy haunted tv this killivolt its still on & i have dvd through the xbox & had it on all night .The tv is still on as iam typing with the cable box attached so i used the 7to10seconf trick& it seems to have reset it 'i hope with fingers crossed ,but ithink it wouldve stopped by now in reality .Iwill post back later after ihave triedcall of duty4 &gears of wars 1&2 to try & shake up this apple to get an affect,hopefully not .many thanks & regards.

Hi guys ,can anyone give me any tips on which board i should start looking at for dry joint or bad soldering .To start the ball rolling iwould appreciate any help regards

Hi guys ,can anyone give me any tips on which board i should start looking at for dry joint or bad soldering .To start the ball rolling iwould appreciate any help regards

its the inverterboard ,backlight just stripped it.well its trying to find a board ,the make soundwavw i cant seem to cross reference

the problem on your inverter board may be due to the protection circuit on the board being at fault-due to the many versionbs of inverter fitted in these sets i will need the number on the inverter pcb before i can comment further,also,you may actually have a faulty ccfl ,which you wont be able to see unless you strip the unit down to get at the backlights themselves but not reccomend you do this unless you know exactly what you are doing.....

Have just aquired a tp3220DVB with this same fault and would like to get it going as the rest works fine.
I have tried to find a circuit diagram but no joy yet ! anyone point me in the direction of the inverterboard -Cheers Beefgee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back