Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sound sensor controller switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred jacob

Hi my name is fred Jacob.
I live in queens New York 11356,

I'm an amateur do-it-yourselfer.
That lives under very noisy neighbors.

I saw a guy on YouTube who had a similar problem.
and he used:
An audio amplifier, a pre-amp mixer, woofer speakers, and piezos connected in a circuit.
He covered the ceiling with piezos, and connected them to th amplifier.
Then,
He had mounted the speakers between the ceiling joists.
And when the people upstairs made a lot of noise,
He would turn the system on and their noise would get amplified, and broadcast back into their apartment.
Which motivated them to stop making noise.
He plugged his circuit into the wall outlet which means that he had to monitor and control it himself.
I have everything ready, and working fine.
But, what I would like to do is build a
a controller that switches the circuit on automatically in response to loud ambient noise.
Then, after, about 10 minutes of silence, (time interval can be adjusted), the circuit opens.
and then it listens for the next noise,
and the cycle repeats.
This way the cicuit closes and opens automatically without me being home.
And I don't have to worry about my family suffering from all that noise.
The problem is I don't know where to obtain such a control. or how to make one myself.

Happiness is liking what you have, not getting what you think you want. Who says you'll be happy once your neighbors are unhappy and quiet?

When you switch the system on, the piezo microphones feed the amplifier which feeds the speakers and the microphones hear sounds from the speakers and the sound goes around and around, in the mics and out the speakers causing acoustical feedback howling. Don't you and the microphones hear the speakers? Is that what you want, much more noise?

Your idea would work only of you recorded the neighbour's noise then played it back with the microphones turned off.

Thank you very much for your reply,
That's a good idea I hadn't thought of recording their noise!
Fortunately for me,
The apartment above us has a layout thats opposite to ours.
The piezos are glued to the ceilings of our bedrooms.
And the speakers are under the floor of their bedrooms 35' away on the other side of the building,
So theres no feedback unless we try to over do it.

Huh?
1) They make noise in their living room that is above your bedroom.
2) You detect the noise and feed it to their bedroom.
But they are not in their bedroom, instead they are in their living room making the noise.
In their living room, they might hear an echo caused by your speakers. But they might already have a real echo and not notice yours.

I have an aunt in sasketoon
she fraternizes with the wolves
and she howls at the

I think this thread boarders on the illegal. BS topic and should be taken care of.

Well, this thread has gone down hill fast.
I have deleted most of the bickering posts.

Threads like this which seek to promote a form of electronic warfare never do seem to come to a sensible conclusion.
I will leave the thread open for now, and hope that it can continue in a civilised manner.

JimB

I dont really want to get involved in a electronic argument.
However I will say this, to get what you say to work you need a delay, record sound then play it back, trying to do it real time will result in feedback scream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back