Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sound recording chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssylee

I'm looking for sound recording chips that is capable of playing sounds up to 8 kHz that are similar to ISD1730PY-ND. However, I had no luck. I am thinking of using something like a 555 timer or any other chip that can generate clean frequencies and play it when I want it to be enabled. However, how hard is it to have such a chip dictate the speaker frequency, especially when this thing is playing very loud (similar to P.A. system)?

How about using either ISD2560P or ISD2590P rewritable voice recorder ICs?
They are available at https://www.reichelt.de They are 14.80 and 11.80 EURO respectively (incl. 19% sales tax)

I have the following ISD 1000A chips, still in the original packaging!
ISD 1000AP 9537 51SE001
ISD 1000AP 9446R2C046LA

I gather they're both essentially the same thing, and were both sold as Radio Shack Cat. No. 276-1325. I got mine from Liquidation World for $0.50 each. You might try where you live if there's a Liquidation World near you - they got all the old stock that said "Radio Shack" on it when the store became "The Source" here in Canada a couple years ago.

If that doesn't pan out, let me know and I'll send you one of mine for free! I haven't had a chance to tinker with them yet, so you might be able to return the karma when I hit you up for some questions about how you got it working later down the line? PM me if you're interested, ssylee, and we can work out the details.

Ironically, it was my birthday today (February 20th)!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back