Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sound from oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

okbro

is it possible that an oscillator(like LC oscillator or wien-bridge etc) create sound? i mean to connect buzzer or speaker to an oscillator to hear the sound?

The oscillator power capability must be able of driving the speaker or earphone. If not, signal must be amplified to do the connection.

I think a colpitts oscillator runs at too high a frequency to connect a speaker and what your looking for is a phaseshift oscillator.

Why? - a colpitts isn't constrained in any way - you just need the correct inductance and capacitance values.

However, it's certainly not a very good idea - and there are various better options for audio oscillators, including wien bridge as he mentioned, or phase shift as you did.

my oscillator generates signal with 8 to 10mV output sine wave(LC oscillator, f=150KHz). But I need around 1V to 2V amplitude signal. I tried to amplify with simple BJT amplifier. Both the oscillator and the amplifier I am using has 5V power supply. With 9V power I get higher amplitude but still not high enough(1V to 2V).

- with the problem of sound I have another plan, just need the 150KHz signal with 1 to 2V amplitude

with the problem of sound I have another plan, just need the 150KHz signal with 1 to 2V amplitude
Are you really expecting to hear 150kHz?
ie listen to it with your ears?

The accepted upper frequency of human hearing is about 20kHz.
When I was 16 years old, I could hear 18kHz, 57 years later I can hear 5kHz on a good day.

JimB

Sooo many questions :

1) You want 150 Khz for what reason ?
2) Waveform you want, sine, square, saw, tri.....?
3) We know you want 1 - 2 V.
4) What accuracy do you want ?
5) If sine do you care about distortion ? If yes your target.
6) As pointed out, you cannot hear 150 Khz, so is 150 Khz still what you want ?

Regards, Dana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back